Senior Event Specialist
Ideal tent & event rentals
Celebrating the moments that matter.
Ideal Tent & Event Rentals is a premier provider of tents, event decor, linens, and event production throughout the upper Midwest. We are seeking to fill the position of Senior Event Specialist within our close-knit team. Our experienced staff of event professionals is passionate about providing knowledgeable and intentional service to our customers, and with an ever-growing inventory of style-conscious and industry-forward rentals, we strive to be the ideal place for our customers to plan their next event.
senior event specialist
Will be the primary individual responsible for overseeing customer relationships and managing rental contracts for Ideal Tent & Event Rentals. Specific duties will include meeting with and fostering relationships with customers and potential customers, creating and updating rental quotes and contracts for individuals, and communicating and corresponding with applicable vendors and venues with regard to specific events or rental contracts. The Senior Event Specialist will also be tasked with creating and designing CAD drawings for all tent or event contracts that require such service. The Senior Event Specialist will work closely with the Logistics Manager and President to oversee and manage the job and delivery calendar, as well as ensure all required safety measures for event installs are met.
Including but not limited to:
- Meet with clients one-on-one to discuss their event needs
- Provide design suggestions and knowledgeable guidance regarding our specific inventory offerings
- Promptly and effectively communicate with customers and potential customers on their specific rental inquiries
- Respond to Tent Questionnaires in a timely manner and provide prompt Tent Quotes for interested customers
- Develop and foster relationships with new and potential customers
- Maintain positive and open relationships with other event vendors and venue employees throughout the region
- Create and design CAD drawings for any tent or event contract that require it. (Ideal is willing to provide CAD training for qualified applicants)
- Oversee and manage the job and delivery calendar to ensure inter-departmental logistical cohesion.
- Ensure Ideal meets all required safety measure for an install, including calling in locates for tent set ups, and scheduling fire inspections with the Fire Marshal for events that meet those requirements
- Represent Ideal at various community events, including event trade shows, local and regional bridal shows, networking opportunities, speaking events, and client celebrations
qualifications & requirements
- Ability to work independently
- Great sales skills
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills
- A creative eye
- Ability to be resourceful and a creative problem solver
- Multitasking abilities
- Computer skills are a must along with a vast understanding of Excel
- The ability to oversee and manage an event start to finish
- People skills
compensation & benefits
- Competitive salaried position
- Vacation starting immediately
- Paid holidays
- EOY goal-based incentive
- Health insurance stipend
- Available retirement plan with 3% match
- Team driven environment where your opinion matters
how to apply
DEADLINE: January 31, 2022
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume to
Call (605) 213-0181 with questions or for further information.